Saturday, September 15, 2018

The Adventure Continues


              The most interesting aspect of college to me right now, is how unpredictable the work is. I usually like to finish my assignments on the day that they are assigned, but I won’t work into the night. I treat college like it is a 9-5 (or 8-5) job where I prioritize what work needs to get done first, and then push anything I don’t finish by dinner off to the next day. Some days I may finish all my homework in an hour or two, allowing me a few days without any new assignments. I expected the buildup of homework to be more gradual than it is, because after a day of classes, no work can suddenly pile up to hours of work. Through no neglect of my own, I am bombarded with hours of homework. My saving grace is that the due dates are usually staggered, allowing me to maintain my normal working schedule ang still get everything done on time.
              The most challenging aspect for me is finding a balance between sleep and a social life. I have 8 AM classes 4/5 days of the week, so I would theoretically like to get to bed on the earlier side. However, I am usually hanging out with friends at that point, and I don’t want to just get up and leave. If I stay later, then I will be tired the next day, and I may fall asleep midday. It is difficult to find and maintain a balance, but I am sure I can figure it out with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment